If you would like to apply to any of our positions that are available, please use our contact us page which can be found here.
Medicine Counter Assistant
- To be the first point of contact for all customers, serve customers appropriately and sensitively and provide the best possible advice with referral to the pharmacist if appropriate.
- Ensure that the pharmacy environment is welcoming, clean and professional, greeting customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Accurately complete financial transactions with customers.
- Respond to symptoms described by customers by following agreed protocols and using your own knowledge and judgement, with knowledge and understanding of the main features of stocked lines and the benefits to customers, select and recommend suitable products and provide advice on their correct use.
- Provide advice on leading a healthy lifestyle and refer to the pharmacist when appropriate.
- Receive prescriptions from customers and ensure they reach the dispensary in a timely manner, informing the customer of approximate waiting times and to manage their expectations.
- Ensure the safe and correct transfer of dispensed items to patients according to the SOP.
- Identify medicine related problems or queries and bring these to the attention of the pharmacist, answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where it is within your competence.
- Assist with stock control and the maintenance of reasonable stock levels within the retail environment and receive stock in accordance with SOPs.
- To assist with the engagement of patients onto advanced services such as MURs and NMS.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of over the counter remedies and minor ailments by reading journals, product information and training resources. Assist in providing pharmaceutical care to patients by carrying out reasonable duties as determined by needs of the business.
- Good attention to detail and high levels of concentration.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Good level of IT literacy and numeracy
- A warm and friendly but professional attitude towards customers.
- An ability to respond to medical queries in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable).
- Experience of handling money and maintaining finance records (desirable)